State of Idaho: Information and Resources
Alcohol & Addiction Treatment:
- Addiction Recovery Guide — A user-friendly holistic website, developed to simplify the process of finding credible and useful information on addiction treatment. This guide brings together: evaluation and referral tools, 12 Step and other programs, holistic approaches, inpatient and outpatient treatment locators, and residential treatment centers.
- SAMHSA — Substance Abuse & Mental Health Administration
- Idaho Area Alcoholics Anonymous — Find meetings and info in specific parts of Idaho.
- Regional Alcohol Drug Awareness Resources – RADAR
- Dual Recovery – DRA Online Resource Center
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- Cocaine Anonymous (CA)
- Crystal Meth Anonymous
- Dual Recovery Anonymous
- Marijuana Anonymous (MA)
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA)
- Nar-Anon — A twelve-step program designed to help relatives and friends of addicts recover from the effects of living with an addicted relative or friend.
- National Assn. for Children of Alcoholics — The National Association for Children of Alcoholics (NACoA) believes that no child should grow up in isolation and without support. It is the only national nonprofit membership organization working on behalf of children of alcoholics.
- Recovering Couples Anonymous
- AlAnon/Alateen Family Group — A non-profit membership organization whose mission is to address the influence of alcohol, other drugs and mental health issues that affect the welfare of our youth.
- College Drinking Prevention — The site, developed by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, offers a wealth of information for changing the drinking culture on college campuses to a number of different audiences: campus health administrators, college presidents, community leaders, guidance counselors, media, parents, RAs/peer educators, and students.
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America — The mission of CADCA is to build and strengthen the capacity of coalitions to prevent and reduce substance abuse and violence in communities across America.
- Free Drug Prevention E-books! — Drug prevention e-books are available for your use. Ideal for parents, educators, and researchers these e-books provide information pertaining to helping children stay drug-free.
- Join Together Online — Join Together is a national resource center for communities working to reduce substance abuse and gun violence.
- MADD ON-LINE — Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is more than just a bunch of angry moms… where real people, moms, dads, young people, and other individuals are just trying to make a difference.
- Partnership for a Drug-Free America — The most complete and accurate compilation of information about drugs on the Web.
- Children of Alcoholics – NACOA
- Free Drug Prevention E-books – National Institute on Drug Abuse, NIDA
- Join Together Online
- National Inst. on Drug Abuse — NIDA supports over 85 percent of the world’s research on the health aspects of drug abuse and addiction. NIDA supported science addresses the most fundamental and essential questions about drug abuse, ranging from the molecule to managed care, and from DNA to community outreach research.
- National Inst. on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism — The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) supports and conducts biomedical and behavioral research on the causes, consequences, treatment, and prevention of alcoholism and alcohol-related problems.
- Idaho Office of Drug Policy